|Bodhi Fund||SB ISAT Fund||Kaikaku Fund|
|Sectors:||Consumer and B2B technology||Consumer-oriented technology||Consumer-oriented technology and retail businesses|
|Stage:||Early stage leaders in large, disrupted markets||Stage-Agnostic Regional Leaders||Stage-Agnostic Regional Leaders|
|Geography:||Global opportunities with emphasis on China, India and Southeast Asia||Indonesian-domiciled or Indonesia-exposed||Philippines-domiciled or Philippines-exposed|
A global network of classic California burger restaurants, providing a premium quality burger experience at an accessible QSR price point.
China Horizon and China Post Group are 50/50 owners of Post Mart, a long term project to turn China’s postal network into the world’s largest wholesale and retail distribution network.
Dealoka is a mobile-only discount-focused, digital marketing platform for businesses and hyperlocal, targeted coupon application for consumers.
India-based national cable television company engaged in the distribution of analog and digital cable television services.
Lifestyle ecommerce flash-sales retailing platform for women's, men's and children's apparel as well as home products and city experiences based in the United States.
Leading investment company in the Philippines focused on Internet, Consumer Retail, and New Media Content.
Leading India-based media technology company with solutions across display, mobile, video, social, search and data for advertisers, agencies and publishers.
Results-based mobile ad network in Asia with offices in Israel, Taiwan, China and Hong Kong.
Netopia is the Philippine’s pioneer in implementing professional operations and management of internet café chains. Through its vast network of branches, and in conjunction with Viet Thai International, Netopia now seeks to enter the fast-growing smartphone retail market.
Personal social network based in the United States.
Provider of technology platform that enables real-time access to earned but unpaid wages.
Leading Vietnamese ecommerce and payment gateway company.
Online real estate brokerage service provider in India.
- Qerja.com is Indonesia’s first online community for sharing salary and work condition information. This user-generated site sheds light onto otherwise opaque compensation packages and hiring practices and aims to increase the job satisfaction for the Indonesian workforce.
- Savvy Source operates an online community that provides information, ratings, and reviews on preschools, events, places, and camps. In 2013, the company launched Schoola Stitch, an e-commerce site for parents to donate and buy gently used children’s clothing, with a portion of proceeds going to schools. www.savvysource.com
Leading Chinese-based SaaS provider of enterprise communications and business services to Chinese SME market.
Leading Chinese third-party financing guarantee service provider with issued guarantee license from Beijing Finance Bureau.
- Kabir Misra Managing PartnerKabir Misra Managing PartnerKabir Misra helped found SoftBank China & India Holdings in April 2006, and is concurrently a Managing Partner at SoftBank Capital. He is responsible for leading the Fund‘s investment initiatives in China, India and South East Asia. Previously Kabir was a Director in Deutsche Bank Hong Kong, responsible for the firm‘s software and Internet investment banking businesses across Asia. He also served as a Global Strategist in the Samsung Group and Vice President in the Technology Investment Banking group at Goldman Sachs. Kabir has a MBA from Stanford University and an AB in Economics from Harvard University.
- Scarlett O’Sullivan Partner and COOScarlett O’Sullivan Partner and COOScarlett O‘Sullivan joined SoftBank China & India Holdings in April 2007 as Chief Operating Officer, and is concurrently a Partner at SoftBank Capital. Previously, Scarlett was a Principal and Head of the European Technology Services and Corporate Finance Group at Robertson Stephens International in London, covering industries such as IT services, outsourcing services and information services. Scarlett received an MBA from The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania and a BA in Economics from Yale University.
- Enrique Gonzalez Managing PartnerEnrique Gonzalez Managing PartnerEnrique Gonzalez is the Founder and CEO of IP Ventures Inc. ("IPVI"), a leading technology investment firm in the Philippines & IPVG Corp, a publicly listed company on the Philippines Stock Exchange. Its holdings include NBA Retail / Online, E-Games, Netopia, among others. Enrique serves on the board of PLDT and PCCW subsidiaries and was a finalist in Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year (2012 Philippines).
- Sugiono Wiyono Sugialam Managing PartnerSugiono Wiyono Sugialam Managing PartnerSugiono Wiyono Sugialam has been Chief Executive Officer and President Director of PT Trikomsel Oke Tbk since 1996, when he founded the company. PT Trikomsel is Indonesia’s first and leading Indonesian publicly listed company dealing in retail and distribution of telecommunication and multimedia products. He is responsible for the strategic decisions and supervision of operational activities at PT Trikomsel, including policy and sales strategy, with direct responsibility on retail and human resources. Mr. Sugiono won the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year award in 2008 (in the category of Services Entrepreneur) and was a finalist in the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year award in 2007. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Economics and Company Management from the Surabaya University in 1986. He is based in Jakarta.
- Alexander Rusli Managing PartnerAlexander Rusli Managing PartnerAlex Rusli has been President Director and CEO of Indosat since November 2012 and had been an Independent Commissioner since January 2010. Prior to Indosat, Mr. Rusli was a Managing Director at Northstar Pacific, a Private Equity fund which focuses on Indonesian and South East Asian opportunities. Prior to his role in Northstar Pacific, Mr. Rusli served for the Government of Indonesia for nine years. In the first six years in government he was an Expert Advisor to the Minister of Communications and Information Technology, where he was involved in the formulation of policy and regulation in the Telecommunication, Media and Postal industries. Mr. Rusli completed all his formal tertiary education in Curtin University, Western Australia. He holds a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Information Systems. He is based in Jakarta.
- Katsumasa Niki Managing PartnerKatsumasa Niki Managing PartnerKatsumasa Niki serves as a Corporate Officer of SoftBank Corp. assigned to the Corporate Strategy & Development Division, and serves as a director of various group companies of SoftBank Corp. Mr. Niki holds a bachelor’s degree in Economics from Kobe University and an MBA Degree in Finance from Chuo Graduate School of Accounting. Mr. Niki serves on the board of directors of Renren, Inc., Supercell Oy, SoftBank Holdings Inc, SB China Holdings Pte. Ltd., SB China & India Holdings Limited, SoftBank Korea Corp. He is currently based in the SoftBank Tokyo office.
- Anna Lo PartnerAnna Lo PartnerAnna Lo helped found SoftBank China & India Holdings in April 2006. Based in San Carlos, Anna oversees Bodhi Fund investments in China, India and South East Asia, though now primarily focuses on SoftBank's Internet and Media Investments. She previously worked in Deutsche Bank‘s Technology Investment Banking Group, leading and working on technology sector transactions.
- Anil Viakara PartnerAnil Viakara PartnerAnil Viakara is responsible for leading and monitoring investments in India, and monitoring our existing investments in Vietnam. As an early-stage entrepreneur, Anil has co-founded and led as CEO four other companies demonstrating the ability to successfully take companies from an idea stage to medium-sized organizations. His very first employer, fresh out of college, was Open Environment Corporation, which went public in 1995, the same year as Netscape did. Unfortunately the OEC IPO at approximately $100M enterprise value was not big enough for Anil to retire, so he continues with his day job with us.
- Teddy Himler Vice PresidentTeddy Himler Vice PresidentTeddy Himler joined SoftBank in 2013. He currently focuses on venture capital investing in Indonesia and the Philippines as well as South East Asia corporate development activities. Prior, he served as an associate on SoftBank Capital's U.S. growth stage team. He looks for leading, regionally-defensible businesses in the new media, gaming, e-commerce, online advertising and software sectors in target markets. Prior to joining SoftBank, Teddy worked as an analyst in Goldman Sachs’ Technology, Media & Telecom Investment Banking group in San Francisco where he worked on M&A and financing transactions in the technology and telecom sectors. Teddy received his BA in Government and Economics from Harvard where he captained the varsity sailing team.
- Yen Theng Tan AssociateYen Theng Tan AssociateYen Theng Tan joined SoftBank in 2014. For SoftBank China and India, he focuses on growth-stage investment opportunities in Indonesia and the Philippines. Specifically, he looks out for technology-related (e.g. e-commerce, digital/social media, online advertising etc.) companies in or exposed to Indonesia, and more broadly consumer and consumer-tech related companies in the Philippines. He spends most of this time working from SoftBank's San Carlos, CA offices and travels regularly to Southeast Asia.Prior to joining SoftBank, Yen worked as an analyst in HSBC’s Investment Banking group based in Singapore and executed various sell-side and buy-side M&As and equity capital market offerings in the Southeast Asian region. There he worked on a broad variety of sectors, including transportation, infrastructure, resources and energy, industrials, and real estate. Yen received his BS in Applied Mathematics and Statistics, with a second major in Economics, from Johns Hopkins University where he captained the men’s squash team.
- Pontus Sonnerstedt Venture PartnerPontus Sonnerstedt Venture Partner
Pontus Sonnerstedt is CEO, PT SKYBEE Tbk, a Tech, Media & Telecom company based out of Jakarta. The company and its subsidiaries operate media buying, software development, telco distribution and e-money businesses. In 2013 PT SKYBEE partnered with Guvera Australia Pty Ltd to bring their music-streaming service to Indonesia. Mr. Sonnerstedt is also part of the management team at Ideosource, a Jakarta based incubator and venture capital fund. Between 2007 and 2012, Mr. Sonnerstedt identified Indonesia as a key growth opportunity for Yahoo!, coordinated the company’s entry in to the market and then ran PT Yahoo Indonesia as Country Manager. Under his leadership, Yahoo! became one of the most trafficked and monetized Internet destinations in Indonesia.
Prior to Yahoo!, Mr. Sonnerstedt spent eight years in the mobile phone industry in Asia. From 1999 to 2001 he managed Ericsson’s mobile phone business in Vietnam, as Director of Consumer Products. He then moved to Singapore with Sony Ericsson, first in a regional sales role covering Indonesia and then as head of business development for APAC EM. In these senior management positions in Asia, Mr. Sonnerstedt has built extensive knowledge and hands-on experience starting and running businesses in the region. Mr. Sonnerstedt served as a mine clearance diver in the Royal Swedish Navy. He holds a degree in International Economics from the American University of Paris. He is currently based in Jakarta.